I recently got to test drive the Volvo XC90, a luxurious crossover SUV with outstanding interior and exterior features. Watch my Video Blog above to see what I found unique about this SUV. I must admit I never knew about the Volvo range of cars, and this was a great introduction to vehicle that locally won the 2016 Wesbank South African Guild of Motoring Journalists’ Car of the Year award. It was also crowned the 2016 UK Car of the year. After driving this car, I can totally understand why.The interior really stood out for me, it’s modern, spacious and uncluttered. It has a touch screen control console (Sensus Connect system) along with steering wheel controls and voice-control system, which provides you with information, entertainment and functions to make your ownership easier. Other features include a gear lever made of Orrefors crystal as well as diamond-cut controls for the start/stop button and drive mode control, located on the centre console between the driver and passenger seats.The Volvo XC90 is a sanctuary where you can relax, think and travel in first-class comfort, with a massage function as well as ventilation in the front seats.It also has a lumbar support setting that uses the same inflatable cushions for adjusting the massage function.WHAT MAKES THE VOLVO XC90 SO INCREDIBLE:
- SELF PARK STEERING: It can detect an open parallel or perpendicular parking space, and it steers itself into position
- AUTOMATIC BRAKING : It’s the first car in the world with technology that features automatic braking, if the driver turns in front of an oncoming car.
- MULTIPLE DRIVER MODES: It lets you save and edit your personal settings by linking them to your remote key. So seat distance, mirror angle, center display brightness can be set for different drivers of the vehicle. (So no more fighting over who changed the seat setting or the radio channel).
- CYCLIST DETECTION: It comes standard with City Safety collision avoidance system.
- 7 SEATER: With a third row ideal for adults up to heigh of 5’7”, where similar vehicles only cater for children in the third row.
- 19 BOWERS & WILKINS SPEAKERS : The highest level audio system features a 1400W Class D Amplifier and 19 Bowers & Wilkins speakers, designed to transform the XC90 into a Gothenburg Concert Hall,
- SENSUS CONNECT SYSTEM : This provides access to the internet and a range of cloud-based apps, while the option of Apple CarPlay allows you to control selected functions of your phone, such as music streaming, directly from the Sensus Connect display.
- BUILT IN WIFI: So you can create a WiFi hotspot on-board your XC90
- DOG FRIENDLY: It’s built closer to the ground, so that your pooch doesn’t need to stretch all four legs to jump in or get embarrassed by their owners lifting them in and out every time they go for a ride. The boot space is big enough for a dog crate. There are also doggy seat belts available as an added extra.
- AIR PURIFICATION SYSTEM: CleanZone is Volvo’s unique approach to controlling interior air quality and providing a better driving environment through innovative solutions for enhanced well-being and health.
Thank you to Ryan Chapman from Rola Volvo Cars for joining me with this review.
To Test drive this vehicle, head to Rola Volvo Cars in Somerset West.
PS: REMEMBER TO BUCKLE UP – THE SEATBELT SUITS YOU!