People often shy away from grapefruit for fear of that bitter taste, but I find that in a smoothie, it adds a different element . There are so many great health benefits of this lovely citrus fruit, it’s easy to understand why it has been named the worlds healthiest fruit.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF GRAPEFRUIT:
- Good Source of Fiber which keeps us feeling full for longer, and an ideal snack fruit.
- Thirst Quenching, this fruit is made up of over 90% water (little less than watermelon) which keeps you hydrated
- Good source of vitamin C, which helps to support the immune system
- Potassium rich fruit , Potassium is an essential nutrient used to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in the body
- Grapefruits are full of minerals and vitamins that the body needs to keep going, and is reported to be good for fighting off fatigue and to promote sleep.
Below is an immune boosting smoothie, which also makes for a good summer smoothie.
- 1 -2 grapefruit
- 1/3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup fresh squeazed orange juice
- 1/2 lemon
- 2-3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1. Peel the grapefruit, trim away a bit of the white pith but don’t remove it all
2. Place all ingredients in a blender/nutri-bullet , and process till smooth.